Local search optimization, also known as Local SEO is a powerfully effective way to market a local business online. Optimizing a local business’ listing and map location data increases your reach and visibility in the local search market.
What is Local Search?
A local search is any type of search which are judged by search engines to have a local intent. For example a search for “restaurants” will trigger the search engine to provide localized results for the searcher’s location. In October of 2018, Google publicly stated that 46% of searches have local intent. Since that time, it’s likely that the percentage of local search has increased.
How can Local SEO Help?
Local search engine optimization is a specialized version of SEO, incorporating specific local strategies and tactics, including:
- Location data management: providing consistent location data, removing duplicate listings & more
- Optimize business listings on Google my Business and Facebook
- Create & promote localized content
- Target local keywords
- Optimize for mobile users’ experience on your website
- Get positive reviews from your happy customers
Ready to Buy a Local Search Block?
If you need your local search presence optimized, buy a local search block to jump-start your local search visibility and reach.